The journey to transform an idea into a building breaks down into five independent but interlinked Stages.
Stage One: Visualise
Establishing, Designing & Gaining Consent
Stage One takes your project from an idea to the point where you have a design that meets your needs, you have a reasonably good idea of costs and timescales and you have permission to carry out the work.
This Stage involves:
- Surveying the existing building to produce accurate measured drawings; on larger projects we tender this to ensure that you gain absolute best value for money.
- Preparing proposed design options based on your needs and desires.
- Working with you to discuss the options and developing one of them to create a design that you are excited about.
- Providing initial budget costings which seek to give you a “ballpark” level of investment required to deliver the project.
- Submitting a Pre-Planning Enquiry, negotiating on your behalf and applying for Planning Permission.
- Overseeing the Application while it is in for planning and responding to any queries that need to be addressed.
- Providing a Project Programme so you can make appropriate arrangements for planning the project.
At the start of this Stage, we will give you a copy of Making it Happen. It’s our guide to the journey your project will go on and how it will unfold so you always know where you are and what the next steps will be.
Here are the steps we follow at Stage One
- Consultation Meeting/ Setting up your Project
- The Site Survey
- Design Meeting 1.1
- Design Meeting 1.2
- Submitting the Pre-planning Enquiry
- Pre-planning Enquiry Review
- Submission of the Planning Application
- Overseeing the Application Process
- The Issue of Consent